Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Why we do what we do

As most busy people tend to do, I occasionally ask myself why I'm doing all this. Why I'm burning the proverbial midnight oil and the candle at both ends, between a full-time job, full-time college courses, Girl Scouts and the BRAT, not to mention trying to make time for my wonderful husband and our sweet kids.


1) It is more important to pursue my passion than it is to sleep.


2) I will ultimately be a more well-rounded person if I challenge myself constantly.


3) I may never fit into a bikini, lounge around drinking martinis, or afford to hobnob at foreign film festivals to watch Fellini, but I'll be pursuing my own happiness.


4) I am sowing the seeds of stewardship in my own children and in the families of the communities of the Black River watershed.


5) I am part of something much larger than myself, am working toward a worthy goal, and am being a positive role model for my kids. I can only hope it works.


No comments: